The number of people is not less who think copywriting and content marketing is the same thing. It is true that both terms sound similar. And that’s why a lot of people get confused. You may know that both content marketing and copywriting involve writing and publishing content for a website. But we must say content writing and copywriting are two very different strategies and every business requires these two things for sure.
Today, we are planning to drag an end to this confusion. Being a website owner or a digital-marketing guy you should know the differences between copywriting and content marketing.
What is content marketing?
Content marketing is all about creating new and unique content for a business with the aim of attracting new customers. Content marketing includes a lot of content forms such as articles, blog posts, podcasts, videos, whitepapers, ebooks, email newsletters, and so on.
Each of these content forms is representing an opportunity in order to communicate directly to the target audience. Content marketing is designed to attract people who are in search of similar products and services using a search engine. Your content is there to convince those people that your company is enough trustworthy in order to satisfy their requirements.
In 2021, nearly all online businesses have enabled content marketing as a mandatory regime. There are significant benefits of regular content marketing and modern companies are simply enjoying those benefits and taking their businesses to the next level.
- Content marketing is able to deliver 3X as many leads in comparison with other marketing channels
- Content marketing is cost-effective. It is 62% less expensive than other marketing channels.
- Content markets that perform blogs on a regular basis is 13X prone to see positive Returns on Investment.
Advantages of content marketing
- Content marketing helps in boosting your SEO and traffic within a short span of time
- It will help you in establishing E-A-T (Expertise, Authority, and Trust)
- It creates better brand awareness
- It educates as well as informs all your target audience
- It polishes your brand personality
- It connects your business via various learning formats
- It perfectly boosts your social media and PR results
- It guides your target audience throughout the conversion funnel
- It improves the conversion rate
- Content marketing helps in more and faster lead generation
- It also helps in developing brand affinity and customer loyalty
What is copywriting?
It is also known as a form of content creation. But here, you will not get the dimensional behavior of content marketing as it only consists of written content. Copywriting is all about creating some words that motivate your site visitors to take an action that you have planned for them. According to some content experts, copywriting is nothing but the sales pitch of a website and it can be laid out over a number of pages.
A copywriting practice may include lots of elements such as:
- The introduction of a business and its journey
- Descriptions of products and services
- Any detailed piece of content speaks about a particular product or service
- Headlines must atop the web pages
- The welcome email websites send to its subscribed users
In simple words, we can say that any written content we put on our websites in an attempt to make our target audience do something, read something, or even but something can be accepted as copywriting.
The difference between content marketing and copywriting
The difference between copywriting and content marketing is pretty simple and easy to understand. And we are making it easier to understand with examples. We can say that copywriting is like a square meal. It comes with all the best things that we need in order to properly nourish our websites such as string call to action, valuable information, and pricing and cost information.
On the other hand, in the case of content marketing, we can say that it is like an appetizer. Its existence is not mandatory for your website. But it can give reasons to your target audience to return to your website again and again.
You will notice some differences in the pattern and tone of writing. Content marketing includes more creative as well as free-flowing styles. It is more casual in tone. But when we look at copywriting, we understand that it is more straightforward. It is designed to deliver important information and motivate all visitors to take an action.
The goal of copywriting is to motivate website visitors to take an action instantly. On the other hand, content marketing aims to motivate people for long-term conversion and not to insist people become customers instantly. Content marketing comes with long-term benefits while copywriting offers immediate action by the target audience.
How can you prepare the best copywriting elements for your website?
Encouraging people in order to take immediate action is tough. Here, you need to choose words very carefully. You need to place words with great care so that most of your target audience prefers to take an action immediately. While doing website copywriting you need to consider some important facts such as-
- Consider the target audience, research more about them
- You can teach something that your target audience does not know
- You should make it informative as well as interesting
If you follow these three things, you are going to prepare quality copywriting for your website. You will get more instant actions from your target audience.
Any blogs, articles, podcasts, and so on can be examples of content marketing. On the other hand, words places on a website such as ‘buy now, ‘subscribe now’, ‘call now’, and so on can be examples of copywriting.
Lastly, we can say that both content marketing and copywriting are important things for a website in 2021. The market is filled with tremendous competition and you should not leave any stone unturned when it comes to reach more people and attract more people.