I can’t say about my professional connections, but holding to constantly keep up with the latest innovation or trends is something that doesn’t exhilarate me that much.
Who does the hell care about the latest perfume collection anyways? However, there are a few specific trends that I DO stay “aware” of, and that unquestionably includes anything related to digital transformation and business branding.
Now that we are moving towards Q2 of 2023, there’s no time like the present to explore the latest digital marketing practices that are meant to affect your business. Pay close attention; your competitors are already leveraging the power of these trends, and if you don’t, you’re raising the white flag of surrender.
Invest in SEO with Full Breadth
These three letters (SEO) can make or break it when it comes to growing the visibility of your website and improving your search engine rankings.
No matter how innovative and amazing your product or service might be, you still need to promote them. Your website is the best place, to begin with. In order to stand out among the range of competitors, your landing pages, no matter how amazing the design is, have to be carefully optimized so that they can reach your target audience.
Search engine optimization is crucial for boosting brand awareness and visibility online. This strategy employs the use of keywords that are strategically placed within your content. That serves as magnets to attract your target audience to your website.
Here’s the cause you should be concerned about launching and maintaining a dedicated SEO campaign:
- The top spot in SERP results in Google brings 27.6 percent of all organic clicks.
- The #1 organic ranking has 10x more possibility to acquire a click compared to a webpage ranking in the #10 spot.
- The percentage of Google searchers who clicked on results from Google Page #2 – just .63 percent.
You can do the maths and see where that leaves the rest of the pages.
SEO and Brand Building
Brand building and SEO go hand in hand. These two strategies have to be implemented simultaneously for the best results. To put it in a nutshell, your brand image can be tremendously improved through SEO. The main idea behind this strategy is to drive traffic to your website and to offer quality content to your site visitors. You can be sure that they’ll come back and that they’ll even share their positive experiences with their family and friends.
Basically, SEO enhances brand awareness and increases your online presence. When we’re talking about SEO, it’s important to mention Google’s algorithms and their role. Namely, they are designed to measure the relevance and popularity of a website and establish its ranking. The more people visit your website and the longer they stay there, the better your rankings will be.
Social media can additionally fuel the popularity and relevance of your website. Algorithms also monitor how many times your content has been liked and shared. According to these metrics, they deem whether it’s of good quality or not. The bottom line is that a skillfully crafted and properly executed SEO strategy is crucial for the breakthrough of your brand on the market.
The Significance of Content
We’ve already mentioned that content is the main vehicle for promoting your brand through SEO.
- The very first thing: You need to research, study, and identify your target audience.
- Then, research their needs, interests, and habits.
- That way, you’ll be able to generate content that they’ll find appealing.
For example, if you’re selling jewelry, your content has to revolve around that topic. Furthermore, you need to produce useful and helpful content and make sure that it’s not too promotional and salesy.
Apart from offering interesting articles and blog posts, it’s crucial to publish them regularly.
- Business blogs that publish 16 or more blog posts per month have a 3.5 times more probability of receiving traffic as compared to blogs that publish between 0 to 4 posts per month.
- Both quality and quantity are essential for the success of your SEO content strategy.
- Producing quality content a couple of times a week can be difficult, especially if your budget is limited.
Free content creation tools can help you share amazing content and keep your audience entertained and engaged.
Brands and publishers are now focused on delivering information that makes the buyer more intelligent. It’s all about enriching the lives of potential buyers and providing true value: quid-pro-quo in full form.
Google has already confirmed that mobile traffic exceeded that of traditional laptop and desktop traffic in many countries. 50.48% of web traffic originates from mobile devices, and the gap will only be expected to widen in the coming years.
This means that besides optimizing your website for being accessed through computers, you need to make it mobile-friendly:
- Page loading speed is critical but has more importance on mobile devices. Make sure to optimize images, minify codes, and prevent redirects;
- Using flash and pop-ups is a big no-no. You don’t know what plugins your users have, and it can be very irritating when you can’t close the unwanted pop-up on a small screen;
- Fat finger-friendly design is a must. Not all people have tiny, slim fingers, and if they’re not able to navigate your website will turn into a UX disaster;
- Don’t forget that local search optimization for mobile devices plays an important role;
- Titles and meta descriptions also have to be optimized for smaller screens. This means that you should opt for shorter titles, URLs, and meta descriptions.
Video Content is the New King.
Many companies have already adopted the practice of using short-and-sweet feature videos for their products and services. Why?
The fewer people have to read about making a potential purchase, the higher the chance of making the sale. Most of the population already sits in front of a TV or close to one daily; digital marketing is now about using that to our advantage and adopting the truth that people would rather watch a video than read.
Social media is a Mainstream Marketing Channel.
If you’re not on social media, you’re leaving a gold mine untapped. According to Adweek, the average American now spends nearly 2 hours a day on social media. Get on Twitter and Facebook immediately if you aren’t already, and stop leaving money on the table.
Email marketing: Still a Game Changer.
Building a loyal subscriber list is still a HUGE marketing opportunity that should not be overlooked. When content marketing and ad marketing get too costly, this is where to turn – email marketing is one of the most cost-effective solutions.
Before you venture on your marketing-assisted startup journey, it’s crucial to understand that we’re not talking about a one-time thing. We’re talking about a long and carefully developed process that can be burdensome for any new startup. The upside is that its benefits for your brand visibility, awareness, image, and reputation can be tremendous.