The largest and the most populous city in the US state of North Carolina, Charlotte (also known as Queen City) is known for numerous things and places to visit. Charlotte is the 3rd fastest growing major city in the United States of America. It is also the county seat of Mecklenburg County and is located in the plateau region called Piedmont.
Though majorly known for its banking industry, Charlotte offers a rich blend of history, culture, arts, and an abundance of craft beer. It presents a multitude of attractions suitable for visitors of every age and interest, making it a diverse and captivating destination.
Charlotte is home to the corporate headquarters of numerous banks such as Truist Financial, and Bank of America, and the east coast headquarters of Wells Fargo. All these banks and the presence of several other financial institutions in the city have made it the second-largest financial industry center in the US.
Moreover, Charlotte is a hotbed for some niche museums like the Levine Museum of the New South. It also has a lot to offer to sports fans. Be it NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, or numerous minor leagues, Charlotte has something for every sports fan. In addition to it, the NASCAR Hall of Fame is a major attraction for tourists from all over the world.
Since Charlotte is famous for so many things, there is an annual influx of more than 29 million tourists and businessmen from all over the world. Hence, it becomes crucial for you all to ensure your internet security when you visit Charlotte.
In this article, we will discuss the easiest solution to protect your online security while visiting Charlotte and accessing the web through public Wi-Fi.
What is a VPN?
A VPN is software that is designed to hide your online activities from your internet service provider and everyone else on the internet. It helps you surf the web anonymously by changing your virtual region and making only the virtual IP address visible to everyone on the internet.
When you choose a remote server to connect to, the VPN changes your real IP address to a virtual one belonging to the region of that server and you look like accessing the web from this remote location.
Thus, your online activities and identity are concealed, making you safe and secure from hackers, cybercriminals, and other online snoopers.
How can a Charlotte VPN Help you?
When you roam around Charlotte and access the web with public Wi-Fi, you are exposing yourself to countless cyber threats. One can never say enough about the dangers that using public Wi-Fi has. Thus, it is imperative that you use a premium VPN for Charlotte City that protects you from hackers, cyber-attacks, malware, identity theft, password theft, session hijacking, and the like.
And it is not only about your security and privacy, a VPN helps you in several other ways, as listed below.
- Protects your security and privacy – It makes your online activities anonymous so no online snoopers can interfere with the security of your device and data.
- Helps you access foreign content – If you are visiting Charlotte from a foreign country, there is a high chance that you will miss the content available in your home country. A VPN can easily change your virtual location and help you access the content available in your home country or any other region across the globe.
- Helps you access geo-restricted websites – Not all websites are accessible everywhere in the world. For instance, if you belong to a region located outside of the US, your bank websites might not be accessible in Charlotte, US. So, the best way to access them is by using a VPN and changing your location to your home country. Not only will you be able to access the geo-blocked websites this way, but your activities will be secured and data will remain private to you.
- Reduces pings – If you are a gamer, you know how frustrating it is to deal with a high ping rate. When connected to the nearest server, a VPN can also help you reduce ping rates and lags in your gaming, making you an unbeatable player.
- Avoids throttling issues – Your internet service provider or ISP throttles your speeds when you use a lot of bandwidth. However, when you are surfing the web using a good-quality VPN, it hides your online activities from your ISP, which doesn’t get to know what you are doing. So, you easily get past the throttling issues.
Features You Should Look for in a VPN
Depending on your reasons for using a VPN, you should look at the features that your VPN provides to ensure that it is the best and the most suitable for your needs. Here are some of the features you want in your VPN.
- Robust security and privacy features – No matter why you get a VPN, it is essential that it has strong security and privacy features to protect you from cyber threats. Some features that you want in your VPN are a kill switch, a no-logs policy, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, split tunneling, AES-256-bit encryption, and obfuscation.
- Extensive server network – A huge server network with servers in most parts of the globe helps you enlarge your reach of content and geo-blocked websites. It is especially important that your VPN has servers in your home country if streaming your home content is your main reason for getting a VPN.
- Local servers – If nothing but security and privacy are of utmost importance to you then subscribe to a VPN that has local servers. Connecting to the nearest VPN server will provide you with protection as well as lightning-fast speeds.
- Unblocks geo-restricted websites – Most well-known streaming platforms and websites have VPN trackers to disable their use in geo-restricted areas. However, a good VPN can easily bypass these trackers. So if you want to unblock streaming services like Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime, and more or access banking websites, make sure your VPN is powerful enough to bypass the geo-restrictions of these sites.
- User-intuitiveness – Look for a VPN that has apps that are easily configurable and compatible with the devices that you own, offers live chat support, and a trustworthy money-back guarantee to ensure a risk-free trial.
It is important to use a VPN to access the web securely and privately while roaming around in Charlotte city of North Carolina US State. With a VPN, you can be sure of your security and privacy and also access geo-restricted websites from around the world within minutes.