So finally, you have decided to create an appealing 2D animation video for your business. Great! You are on the right track.
Using animated videos to market your brand is one of the effective ways to put your product/services in front of the audience. It is not only attractive and easy but also saves a lot of bucks. By using the right video type of video, you can easily gather more leads and boost the conversion rate. You will be amazed to know that around 54% of the customers prefer watching videos from a brand.
So, if you also want to be in the top searches of Google, you need to work on the quality of videos. You can easily achieve this goal by choosing the right 2d animation video software. Well, selecting the best from thousands is not easy. That’s why I have created a checklist that includes seven commonly chosen video softwares by video experts.
7 Best 2D Animation Software for 2021 & Beyond
Let’s get started..
It is one of the commonly chosen open-source animation software that is compatible with both Windows and OSX. By using this software, you can make beautiful animations for free. It allows the users to make updates in the source code by including specific features in the source code.
- Both for commercial and non-commercial usage
- GTS scanning tool
- Offers light and distortion effects
- Indexed color palettes
- Allow Motion tracking and tweening
- Allow bones character animation
- Black & white and colored scans compatibility, etc.
It is another amazing software that allows you to create excellent 2D animated videos. This open-source software inspires users to create timeline-based animations, even for beginners. This free software is compatible with Windows, Linux, and OSX. But if you avail its advanced featured set, you might watch tutorials to get started with this amazing tool.
- Offers a bone system for animation controls
- Supports multiple layers of content
- Provide sound support
- Allows you to build character puppets
- Image management via actual scale resolution
- Add effects using plug-ins, etc.
If you are looking for a 2d animation software that can be used by pro editors and creators, then you can surely think of Blender. This open-source tool is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux. It allows you to import or export videos in different formats like AVI files, QuickTime, and MPEG. Moreover, it is used for public projects managed all over the world.
- Offers customized shortcuts
- Provides Python API for both customization and scripting
- Can easily edit, transform, create and sculpt models
- Real-time preview of 3D scene
- Provide path tracer
- Turn characters into impressive animations, etc.
It is another simplest animation software that allows you to create hand-drawn 2D videos, also known as whiteboard animations. With this software, you can create fun and entertaining videos that will further allow you to promote products in a much more impressive way.
It is not only simple to use but also offers a ton of tutorials that will help you get started with this tool without any hassle. This free tool is also compatible with Windows, Linux, and OSX.
- Raster and vector workflow switching
- Can adjust the frame rate
- Audio and image import
- Various export formats
- Allow onion skinning
- Cross-platform compatibility, etc.
Another video animation software that is meant for a dynamic video presentation is powtoon. This web browser-based platform has a tripped-down free tool that allows you to create 3-minute long videos. Furthermore, if you want to avail its advanced features, you need to get its paid version. The best part is you can create videos of different forms without facing any trouble.
Its professional-looking templates allow beginners to create excellent videos easily. Moreover, it also allows you to start from scratch and import themes directly from PowerPoint with few clicks.
- Offers custom styles
- Export files from Youtube, Vimeo, Facebook, etc.
- User-friendly interface
- Offers professionally designed templates
- Allow file implementations like images, videos, GIF, etc.
Toon Boom Harmony
If you can afford a paid tool that allows you to create professionally narrated animation such as web, Films, or TV, then you can surely add Toon Boom Harmony software to your checklist. This software might take some time to master, but once you learn it, you can create neat and inspiring animations effortlessly.
- Offers painting, vector, and bitmap drawing tools
- Set-up multi-plane environment
- You don’t need to export files to add visual effects
- Animate puppets via advanced rigging and deformer tools
- Professionally designed tool
Plastic Animation paper
Last but not least, software that is commonly selected by the people is plastic animation paper. This free software can be used on different platforms like Windows, Linux, and Mac. While using this software, you might notice that its interface is outdated, but its features and usability will surely win your heart.
While creating 2d videos in this software, you cannot see edits in real-time, due to which the editing experience becomes challenging. But once you get familiar with it, you will never think of shifting to another.
- Offer basic drawing tools like rotation, zoom, layers, etc.
- Best suited for both beginners and skilled animators
- Small and large format frames
- High-quality stabilization and lines
- Real-time full-frame reference
- Amazing layers and lasso, etc.
Prefer reading– 5 Simple Ways to Increase Your Social Media ROI
The Last Say
Well! The list of 2d animation video production tools is endless. But hopefully, the above list will surely help you realize your vision and decide which tool is best suited for your business. I will recommend you never to take this decision in a hurry because it will directly affect the quality of your 2d animation video.
Choosing the right video production software will not allow you to produce high-quality videos but also saves a lot of bucks.
Now that you have a proper checklist, it’s time to compare and make the right decision that will further take your business to the next level.
Happy video creation!
For any types of queries, you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.